They seemed to evoke some memories in, or just plain tasted good to, everyone so I'm posting the recipe here so you can make them yourself. Mmmmm!
Ginger Spiced Molasses Sugar Cookies
- 2 1/4cups all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons baking soda
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2teaspoon allspice
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1large egg
- 1/2cup unsulfured molasses
- 1/3cup finely diced candied ginger (optional)
- granulated sugar for rolling
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice, salt and cloves in a bowl and mix well.
- Beat butter and sugar together in bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy, 3 minutes.
- Add egg and molasses. Mix to combine well. Stir in dry ingredients. Stir in candied ginger if using. Refrigerate batter 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Roll dough into 1 1/2" balls. Roll balls in granulated sugar. Arrange on baking sheets lined with parchment paper and gently flatten. Bake in oven until set and crinkled on top, about 12 minutes. Remove and cool.
Here's the website/blog the recipe comes from: